Thursday, February 28, 2013

Adjusting

Besides the fact that I'm totally convinced I will probably die each time I get into a car, feeling totally misplaced when everyone starts talking about the elections, (every conversation leads to that) the awkward silence that occurs when I can't answer which tribe I belong to, (well, of course I know, just happens to be that I'm half Luhya, half Kikuyu, the two tribes that dislike each other the most). And the frequent comments that I have to gain more weight, things are fine.

Traffic is chaos, but that's no surprise, at least there are no cows on the road, like India, instead I just might be crushed by a big lorry while our car is overtaking.
Everything I was taught never to do learning to drive is what everyone seems to do here, no rules at all. I can accept the left-side driving, but the crossing lanes, squeezing into space that don't exist and crazy over-takings is too much, not convinced I'll get used to that.
Anyways, I was suppose to leave for Bondo today, however, due to the elections the closest date I could get was the 3rd. I've got three days to get rid of my 'I'm-gonna-die-in-traffic-thoughts' and reach safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment