Monday, February 25, 2013

Day before departure

Suddenly, all of my feelings bubbled up at the same time, I'm slowly realizing that the journey, a new chapter in my life actually starts tomorrow. I'm not really sure what I'm thinking, or feeling, it's a cocktail mix of nervousness, anticipation, and curiosity. It feels weird leaving on my own, without my better half. by best friend Ingrid who taught me so much during our Asia trip, last year. The actual flying part is what worries me the most, a long flight without my partner in crime. I'm naive enough to hope that some random handsome young man might be the one next to me on the plane.

I'm almost done with packing, tried to take as much things as possible for some of the children, and as little as I could for myself - learning from old mistakes. Now all that's left is getting mentally prepared, try and practice some more Swahili and spend the rest of the day with my wonderful mum. Yesterday, when I kissed her goodnight, I realized how much I'm actually gonna' miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment