Tuesday, March 5, 2013

As you sow so you reap

I'm starting to realize that my relationship to Kenya as a country might turn out to be like my love-hate-relationship to India, all the extremes.

The country itself and the nations people could go so far, I really believe in Kenya, it has potential. Yet the Kenyans are holding themselves back, creating problems that don't need to exist. 
Last election over 1000 people died, over 600 000 lost their homes,  due to ethnic violence,  that's insane!
 
People fighting, loosing everything they have, all because they worship their leaders, leaders that were safe and probably didn't lose anything.  It's absurd,  and the whole tribe-thing is something I find hard to accept and understand, I respect it,  but I believe it tends to create more problem than it solves.
Tried talking to people about the election, most of them end voting according to their tribe, which means that what the particular person has to offer doesn't really matter, as long as he/she is from the same tribe.

In the end, we're all people,  same, same, but different,  why use labels? I'm convinced that as long as the whole tribe thing, the "them-and- us-thinking" exists,  the problems will remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment