Sunday, March 3, 2013

On the road again

Totally exhausted after almost 10 hours on a warm bus. Actually it's the waiting part that annoys me the most, once on the road, there's no problem, so it's been pretty fine. 

The roads are improving,  much better compared to 3 years ago, and after 14 hours on a bus in Laos,  it can only become better. However I'm still convinced that something will go wrong, on the other hand,  arriving safely makes me extra happy every time, thinking I survived,  again.
The fact that we were supposed to arrive at 2 pm and not 6 pm explains a lot. In the end it was all worth the 10 hours, the view was amazing, the Great Rift Valley,  Masai lands, tea plantations and small villages along the road.

Now I have finally arrived at ARO centre, outside Bondo.  Got the most warm-full, loving welcoming with dance.  Due to the elections tomorrow,  the center is almost empty, and will be the coming week, but then again,  that gives me time to adjust, even to the weird noises from outside that scare me. It's probably just a small toad,  but it sounds like a gigantic monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment