Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hope

I'm not really sure where to start, the days have past ridiculously fast,  and even though I'm still a bit homesick, being away is amazing, because everything back home will feel so much better and appreciated when I return.
Anyway, the last week of volunteering was a mixture of feelings,  somehow relived about an environment change, yet sad about leaving. Feeling loved and appreciated by the kids, eagerness to learn more,  and most of all, after Mondays Alternative positive discipline program,  a longing to learn more and later on educate and spread the information about human rights,  children's rights to be precise.

I and many others take so much for granted,  knowing what is wrong and right, so many children in Kenya don't have a clue about their rights. The fact that canning still exits, just because it has always been that way is such a lame excuse that makes me frustrated. But thanks to programs and people like Celestine at ARO,  I believe there's hope,  that education is the future,  and I believe that change is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment