Friday, November 8, 2013

A new chapter

It has actually been over 27 weeks since I arrived in Kenya and 19 weeks since I came back to Sweden again. Unfortunately, as the weeks pass one suddenly slowly forgets to appreciate all those things that felt so luxurious when one was without them. Summer has actually come and gone, a memorable one in many ways.
   Almost 2 months ago, I started a totally new, unknown chapter here in Sweden. After a lot of thinking, for myself for once, I actually decided to start University, I've had my doubts, and to be honest, I would not really say that I'm hundred per cent sure of it all at this point either. But then, once again, when am I ever totally sure of what I want? The point is that I've now started my 4 year journey to become a teacher! Saying it out loud, at times it feels mediocre, but then I'm reminded about all the children I've met the past years traveling, and I actually realize that this is exactly my way of helping out. I'll probably have my breakdowns, as usual, hate the fact of not understanding all the assignments,  but hopefully I'll remember that exact feeling I had in Majiwe, the small things I do actually do matter.

And yes, my enduring world-traveling-plans have to wait, but it will sure be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment