Friday, April 12, 2013

Hell and back

Still having my unwanted death-thoughts each time I enter a vehicle or sit on a motorbike.  I wish I was just overreacting,  however I've seen so many cars and lorries after accidents. Besides,  I've actually fallen out of a moving electric-car (ironic I know),  and got hit by a lorry, days before taking my driving test, my fear in other words comes from somewhere.
As I've mentioned before,  not sure if the drivers are really damn good or bad and crazy at the same time, one thing they all have in common is the lack of patience.
Today I actually reached the point of thinking that there was absolutely no hope, that our matatu as they call them here, would actually tip over or get hit (we actually reversed into another buss before leaving).  The vehicle had 21 passengers instead of 12, a conductor and driver high on God knows what drugs,  the possibilities of dying were plenty. Sitting on that piece of wood,  in between two seats,  I thought this is it; my time has come... I even ended up texting mum telling her how much I love her. That's how scared I was.
A journey that is supposed to take maximum an hour,  took 3, 5, the last hour spent terrified as hell in a motorbike,  in the rain,  on slippery muddy roads.  To make things even more worse,  I was so sure that the driver would not bring me home. At a point he stopped, and I saw my aunt in the far distance,  disappearing into the night. It did not get better when he stopped and all the men were wondering who I was. If I survived the crazy bus ride,  I expected that this would be my last moment..
Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment