Thursday, April 4, 2013

Three weeks left

With 22 days left,  I'm actually starting to feel that I've got my dose of Kenya for the moment. The whole situation so far has been really special, and intense, though I've learned and experienced a lot. There's so much with this country I just don't get, I need to get some distance, and a chance to process it all.
For example,  I thought that the elections were done long time ago, however,  there was a petition,  and in the end the presidential election and the courts final decision was not fair or free. Actually most people I've met so far are really upset,  while the few that are happy seem to rub it in others face.

I'm realizing that this nation is a ticking bomb.  Tribalism is such a big issue,  and some tribes have been suppressed for so long, I believe that eventually something small will trigger things.

No comments:

Post a Comment