Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Perspectives

I wake up in the morning and know that I'm actually fine,  my biggest problem might be not knowing what to choose to eat, what to wear; will I look fat in it?  Wondering which country I should chose to travel next, and if I leave, will He still fancy me once I'm back?

Her biggest problem,  she's 13 years,  neglected because she is pregnant, withdrawn without  knowing what to do, scared as hell, with shame from the society. I keep asking myself, where were they when she needed them most,  when she cried out for help? What went wrong?

My sister comes home after school, complaining about how boring school was today. The seven year old boy had to change school since the teachers caned the children severely again. Some of them so bad that they fainted. In which world can a teacher,  or any other adult think that abuse is the way to solve things, with  clean consciousness?

Some of the home visits today were heartbreaking.
How bad my situation ever feels,  my lowest point won't ever be half as bad as theirs. Next time things feel bad, have gratitude,  you and me probably have family and friends that love us,  that support us. We are educated enough to know the consequences of sex, we know that no one has the right to beat or abuse us in any way, they don't know that.
You are not that scared, young 13 year old girl,  waiting to deliver a baby alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment